Sunday, December 23, 2012

December Journeys

My daughters and I decided to drive to NYC the second week of December. I had not been to NYC since I was a senior in high school, and had lots I wanted to see.  Road trips with my girls are always fun and hectic. 

Robin and I are taking the on-line class Cabinet of Curiosities from Thistle Threads.
A group of the New England ladies arranged a behind the scenes tour of some of the 17th ctry needlework pieces at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  That was the reason for our trip. Angela just went along for the ride.

As plans progressed, we decided to go see the Rockettes, visit Times Square  at night, and finally, a visit to a ventage store called Tinsel Trading.

I quickly found out that it was exhausting for me.  I had little sleep before we left, and little while I was there.  To me, NYC is a place for the young.  So many people.  But I would visit again at Christmas.  

I really enjoyed the Rockettes, and seeing the sights when I was'nt underground in a subway or train station, or rushing to get to the next place on time.  The Met exhibits were wonderful.  I could have spent all day there. I love museums.

Tinsel Trading is the shop for stitchers, designers, and scrapbookers.  Floor to ceiling, row after row of ribbons and trims. Crammed packed with hidden drawers of goodies, almost all of it vintage, and a lot of it from France.  I should have known  from the front window it would be a treasure hunt. The display was a huge cabinet, with al kinds of goodies falling from the drawers.  The title:  Cabinet of Curiosities was only the beginning.  I have included a photo of some of the goodies I bought for finishing projects.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling well enough to play around with your blog. I need to upload and order our pictures from the Ratti center.

    See you later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmass Louise! I hope that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your NY trip. A trip there is on my 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete