Monday, January 7, 2013

It's That Time of Year

It's late, it's late, for a very important date. The flu during December has put me a couple of weeks behind and I have to catch up.   Nashville market is only 2 months away, and although I can sort of plan in my head, I just am not the type of person who can stitch Spring models in December.

One of my plans for 2013 is a series, that can be stitched individually, or all together to create a large sampler.  Like the Feathered Friends series last year, I will put out one small design each month, only this time,they will be deigned to all fit together,should you wish.



I will stitch mine on one piece of linen.  At this time, the colors of the linen and the threads have not been chosen.  My theme this year is flowers, but not just any flowers. After a lot of research, I have chosen flowers found in an Elizabethan Garden of the 1600's.  It has been so interesting reading about the different flowers, and what they did with them besides displaying them.  I am attaching some photos of a couple of classics, and one not so well known.  The Borage is really a pretty flower.  There are some pretty examples on the Plymouth Jacket.
It appears that I cannot get these photos to go where I want them.  

 
They move every time I try to type.

Did you ever wonder why a carnation is called a Pink.  It is not the color, but rather the pinked edges.

I love the scent of an antique rose.  We have a bush at my son's house, our old house, that only blooms once a year and smells soooooo good.

Have a great week. Louise


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the info about why the carnation is called a 'pink.' Very cool. Looking forward to my model stitching assignment next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see these designs! If the can be stitched all together, I might have to wait to see what the whole piece looks like before getting each part. I'm funny that way about mystery samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to seeing your garden grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a beautiful project. I will follow with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are feeling better Louise.

    ReplyDelete