Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back from Market

Nashille market is always an exciting time for me.  First the stress of what to make, then after that, the desiging process, stitching the piece, or getting my daughter to stitch it for me.  Then, if necessary, assembly, and finally, kitting it all up. In the final days before leaving, packing, and checking the list twice, to see if I have left anything out.   It seems I always leave something home.

Arrival, after the 8 hour drive is just the beginning of an exciting weekend.  Seeing all the other vendors, catching up from the last show, unpacking and setting up, selling, talking and talking and talkng, learning, and seeing all the new products keep me busy for 3 days.  Then it is the down side of repacking, and the 8 hour drive home, that seems to take forever.

And then it starts all over again.  So, I am brimming with ideas for the next show, which is in Aug, in St Charles.

In my last post, I talked about the monthly flower series.  I took 4 to Nashille, Jan, Feb, March, and April, Borage, Passionflower, Pansy, and Iris.  My "Fairest Flower" garden is growing.  I have all the images on my web site.

One of my limited kits for Nashville was "Rites of Spring".  A courting couple, tulips, a bunny, and other spring motifs were stitched on 32 ct linen.  The kit included everything, but the stuffing. 
Will do my best to post more often.  Now, I want to play with the new linens and the new thread colors released Weeks, Creasent, The Gentle Art.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment